View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 04:44 PM  
SyrianHammie
Hamster Pup

Default Need Serious Help!

A bit of background..
For the past month of so, Spice has been chewing his wooden cage non stop all night. It wakes me up and keeps me awake so I don't get any sleep and am knackered the next day. I try blowing gently on his nose and just tapping him away from chewing, but nothing is helping. I've tried oil and lemon juice on the wood which hasn't helped either. Due to me being tired and stressed because of the constant chewing, I have become quite ill recently. I suffer with lung and chest problems so when I get ill for any reason, I end up getting a minor chest infection after. It has come to the point where I am debating giving Spice up for adoption due to it having a serious affect on me as well as him.

This is my last option. I welcome anyones suggestions about what I can do to prevent him from chewing his cage! Blocking areas doesn't work either because he doesn't stop until he moves them. Or he chews somewhere else.
I know I can get a metal bared cage but this cage is massive, cost a lot of money and I don't have money to spare at the minute. Please help me and Spice! Thank you!

https://www.facebook.com/HDPKernow/
SyrianHammie is offline   Reply With Quote