Thread: Hammy jail
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 10:47 PM  
greysome
Adult Hamster

Default Hammy jail

Ahhh my lil stinker Her Royal Cheekiness, aka The Nutter, aka the currently named Hazel Nut, aka "DAMMIT, HAZEL!" once again broke one of the few laws of the land by escaping her cage though she knew very well she was not allowed out!

As this is her second offense, I decided a simple warning was no longer sufficient, therefore she has been sentenced to hammy jail (aka, bin cage that is much smaller than the cage she escaped from). In addition to breaking (out of her cage) and entering (the part of my room outside her cage), she was also found responsible for property damage (this in particular earned a "DAMMIT, HAZEL!" as she, in the one and a half hours between my spraying that bitter spray thing on the wires of her cage and my return to the room, managed to chew a lil getaway ditch on the tabletop/floor under the plexi-glass part of one of the doors so she could slip under), unlawful possession and abuse of a narcotic (she found, much to her extreme delight, the package of foxtail millet spray) as well as petty theft (she most definitely pouched some shredded coconut and the three nuts that was supposed to be the three hamsters' treat for the day--albeit, as these particular nuts were, in fact, hazelnuts, it was deemed petty theft as technically, being named after said nuts may have made her mistakenly assume all hazelnuts belonged to her due to "I don't see your name on it" not being a sufficient argument when the object IS her name).

The duration of her sentence is, as yet, undetermined with the minimum sentence being 1 week and the maximum, 3 weeks, upon which she will be paroled and released into a newly renovated/built secured home. Failure to comply with the terms of her probation (namely, no more escaping!) will likely lead to a life-sentence at one of two facilities, named simply as "The Bin" and "The Tank."

Let us hope she has learned her lesson--and let her also serve as a lesson to all you delinquent hammies out there!
greysome is offline   Reply With Quote