View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 07:48 PM  
Purplephoenix
Newborn Pup

Exclamation Hamster has swollen lump, closed gooey eye...

I need some advice. My White Russian is a 9month old male. This past Thursday I noticed the right side of his face was swollen and his eye half way closed because of it. I managed to get him to a vet by the next day. Vet said his weight and heartbeat was good. There was no impaction, tooth growth, or abbesses. He said the was a slight smell and that when Jake breathed there was a clicking sound. Prescribed antibiotics. I have noticed a decrease in swelling, instead of the whole right side of the face it's now down to a lump under the eye. But jakes eye is now goofy and closed shut. I am also seeing a decrease in his food intake. He is still active and drinks fluids. I also give him a little bit of ensure with his antibiotics. But I have notice Jake excessively grooming. His fur is looking oily, his front legs and paws are bright red, and the side of the face that is swelling looks irritated from his grooming. I also believe this is why his eye is like that. Any suggestions on what I can do to get him to stop excessively grooming? I try to get him into his ball twice a day to keep him occupied. Also, what to feed him? He's picky about what he eats and I don't want him to loose too much weight.
MultiQuote
Edit
Purplephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote