View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 01:55 AM  
LadyPikachu
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Having a down moment over my hamster..

Thin Lizzy:

Thank you so much! I'm so scared of being a bad owner that I keep thinking myself in to oblivion! I do need to chill out, I guess it's just because he's so perfect I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if he ended up hating me.

I knew I wanted a hamster called Pikachu, I never thought P@H would have any but the usual brown and white ones they have at the one near me. I really wanted a little boy with golden fur and black tipped ears. When I walked in, I had butterflies with excitement. Then I saw him, on his own. The only Syrian on display. A little fluffball with golden fur and black tipped ears, when the shop assistant discovered his gender.. and said he was a boy. I couldn't believe it! It was honestly crazy how well everything fit together that day! I think that's made me feel even more under pressure to do right by him!

itswendy:

Thank you for sharing your experience, it makes me feel much calmer knowing that even little skittish buddies can be cuddlers!

I wont give up for sure, your Hammy sounds like a right character and super cute!

NiceCrocs:

Thank you for sharing, it's lovely to hear how forgiving they are! And how even the older ones can be startled to the point they hide! I just felt so bad when he ran the the corner, burried in to his bedding and sat there shaking! He was fine this morning thankfully, came right up to the cage!

I see what people mean about how a hamster changes outside of their cage though, when he was in his ball he was so much more confident! I guess that's him saying.. in my territory I;m the boss.
LadyPikachu is offline   Reply With Quote