View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 04:34 PM  
LadyPikachu
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Really happy! Progress with my Pikachu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeever View Post
Awwww! Adorable and he knows it! hehe....

Same color, I think , as Ziggy.

I found when handling them, that it's best to do whatever you do with certainty and confidence. Sometimes I pet them very, very, very gently, othertimes more like scratching a dog or cat, and much more aggresively. They like both depending on mood. They will sit quite still for a more massage like stroking , scratching ....other times, its the very light touch, petting like you would a baby chick, and they just melt. They pick up our vibes, I think. So if we are uncertain about whether they are uncertain about us petting them, they get a bit antsy. And we get more jumpy. If they don't like something, they'll move away. I do think they really like a bit of a petting and cuddling, but when they want it. So I go by their reaction.

If you don't want a stinky corner, don't pee behind your wheel. In his house, its his rules? LOL.....

Enjoy. It really is a process of forming a relationship with them, and each one is unique and quirky in their own way. And they are always full of suprises, no matter how much time goes by. And no matter how much their surprises throw us off, heh....
I do think that's true! When I say "Awhh" now he somehow manages to pull and EVEN CUTER face.

And thank you for the tips! I've been a little nervous as he bit me the third day I had him. He didn't mean to do it, I was feeding him a treat and I wasn't watching.. so he thought my finger was more treat! I'm not sure why it's made me feel nervous even though I know it was not him being nasty.. I guess because it hurt and bled so much! I will try different ways of petting tomorrow! I'm glad they like being petted, I love stroking fluffies!

I don't think he has being going to the loo in that corner, as he has a toilet that he uses for wees and poos mostly in the corner of his little house and covers it with tissue.. but I am worried that if he does it has no bedding there to soak it up. I've already learnt not to try and make his cage how I want it though, he taught me that early! Haha!

Thank you, I'm excited to see more of his quirky ways!!
LadyPikachu is offline   Reply With Quote