View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 04:00 PM  
LadyPikachu
Adult Hamster

Talking Really happy! Progress with my Pikachu!

It's been a week today since I got my little Pikachu! (My first Hamster!)

Today I did something I've wanted to do since that day, stroked him! He let me stroke him for at least a minute, sitting still and running on his flying saucer. Before today he would zoom away if I touched him by accident, and I mean ZOOM

The first time I touched him a few days ago he did a flip and landed on his back, I felt SO bad, but today he just sniffed me and let me have my fun!

He seemed a bit weary of course, like he liked it but he didn't want to like it? I'm going to keep going slow and steady, it's certainly working! Within the next week I'm going to try introducing his ball! If he goes in, he goes in. If not, I'll try again the next day.

I've left him to do his own thing now, I'm sure it was scary having a big human hand touching him, I don't want to push him too far and him end up hating me! He's in my room anyway, so he still has my smells and my presence around!

Thanks to him becoming more comfortable, I actually managed to snap a good photo!

I give you Pikachu! A male cream/yellow Syrian with black tipped ears (Just like Pikachu of course!) and a face that could make an angel cry happy tears.

So far I've discovered he enjoys; chewing his wooden climbing frame/bridge, eating cucumber, using the ladder and his bars to reach his platform (I guess he likes to mix things up), sniffing my face and kicking all of the bedding away from the corner behind his flying saucer which can be annoying for his owner who doesn't want a stinky corner for him!

Here he is!

PIKACHU.jpg

Last edited by LadyPikachu; 11-25-2014 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Wanted to add he's my first hammy!
LadyPikachu is offline   Reply With Quote