View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 02:39 PM  
POLAR WHITES
North East Hamstery

Default new hamster Elsa

I went to the green store today and just had to look at the hamsters, they must of just had a shipment because the had loads all different colours, dominate spots and banded, then there was the adoption side and there was this one little golden girl hamster awake and clearly bored out of her mind trying to chew the glass sliders and climbing on her water bottle, She is perfect but tiny,
I asked about her as she caught my eye and I was told she is a biter and had been returned to the store, but the shop assistant wasn't willing to take her out or let me, but I couldn't leave my perfect girl there to go out of her mind in a small glass box, she was coming home with me, I went around the shop buying new toys, water bottle, chews, bedding decided to go with carefresh until I get some megazorb, sand and harry hamster food as I already have sunflower seeds, dried meal worms and treats,
The shop assistant put her into the green box which she ate her way out off also most straight away, so I asked for some more so I could transfer her,
So now she is in a zoozone, playing on her large flying saucer which she is lost on, She went daft when I first put her in didn't know what to do first, made her way to her food bowl and ate the dried mealworms, dug in her sand pit which I was a little worried about as she was sticking her head under the sand, has made her self comfortable in the corner even though she has a new bed,
I have had a quick hold of her and she isn't a biter she would rather jump away then bite, she is frightened of being held and displays her fear, but she will let me stroke her when she is in her cage with no problems, isn't a screamer and a nipper, it will just take time to get her tame,
My daughter chose her name after Princess Elsa in Frozen, I will post pictures tomorrow when she settles a bit as I have turned the lights off for her now to let her relax and get to know where she is,