View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 08:38 AM  
Nancy's Hamsters
ST's Hamstery

Default Re: Pair of roborovski, how big should the cage be?

The bigger the cage the better, Avoid any cages with tubes and levels as this will encourage fighting. You want a one level cage with lots of space as you'll need two of everything you place in the cage. Any toys need to have two exits/entrances so if one should decide this toy is Mine! the other can safely and without conflict move out of the toy. Scatter feeding is best when having multiple dwarf Hamsters living together as well.

Even with all these precautions always have a 2nd cage ready to go as often times two dwarf Hamsters will have a falling out and you'll end up separating them into their own cages for the rest of their lives.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your Hamster(s) when they arrive. One more thing don't take the word of the employee that the two hamsters are the same sex. Look for yourself as many times they will say same sex and you find a litter in the cage and find you have Male and Female. If females and pet store bought if the store doesn't separate males from females then be prepared for possible pregnant females. I would suggest if your new pets come from a pet store to buy males to avoid any surprise litters.