View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 12:04 PM  
tigafer
Newborn Pup

Smile Moving with the hammie!

Hi all This coming Monday I'm temporarily moving to my Grandparents house to look after their cats and house while they go to Australia, they come back on the 5th December so I will be there for a little over a month. (Obviously she will be in a secure room away from the moggies!)
I'd really like to bring my little lady Syrian Marge with me and I'm looking for any tips you might have to make it the least stressful for her! We live with my boyfriend and our 3 gerbils, he is going to stay and look after the gerbils but he works nights so wouldn't get to see her much and she's very needy!
We aren't sure how old she is as we adopted her, we think she must be at least 1 and a half maybe 2 years old? But she seems as spritely as ever and she's always been very curious of EVERYTHING! Part of the reason I want to bring her is if she takes a turn for the worst I would hate not being there with her, it seems like hamsters get so old so suddenly.
I was also wondering if it would be better to take her in the car in a travel carrier or just keep her in her Alaska cage in the back of the car? It's about a 30 minute car trip.
Thanks for any advice or tips!
tigafer is offline   Reply With Quote