View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 06:17 PM  
Artsy Hammy
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Shall I start a YouTube?

I agree with Esmy in that you should show your cage, or toys, etc. If you are new at caring for hamsters, you still have a lot to learn before you can be giving out ideas for hamster care with confidence. I would suggest, if you haven't already, checking out HoppingHammy and Chocolatecolors26 on YouTube, to learn even more about hamsters.
You need to know what you are doing before you can start giving out any sort of advice to other people.
However, if you do decide to make a YouTube account, you could begin by, like I said previously, showing your cage and what you do to care for your hamsters (without telling others that that is what they should do as well). This could give people the opportunity to comment on your videos and give you advice on what you are doing well, and what things you could consider changing in your hamster care. This way you can learn even more about how to care for your hamsters, and still have fun making videos. However, don't forget that not everyone on YouTube is kind and considerate, and you would be bound to run in to people leaving nasty comments on your videos, that could be quite hurtful.
As for school, school comes first. If you do decide to make a YouTube account, make sure that it is not interfering with your school work. You do not want your grades to drop because you spend so much time on your YouTube videos. If you are not yet in college, you don't want to make it so that you cannot get into the school of your choice because your grades were lower than you wanted since you spent so much time on your videos. I'm not saying that this will for sure happen, but you need to be cautious when it comes to how many other commitments you have along with school. You need to make sure you can still balance your school work with the other commitments, such as a YouTube channel.
However, all in all, it's your choice whether you want to make a YouTube account.
Artsy Hammy is offline   Reply With Quote