View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 03:37 PM  
kyrilliondaemon
Retired Moderator

Default Re: A lot of Mouse-related questions.

Er... Before you get too excited it'd be best to make sure you want multis. They're not like normal mice and I thought you didn't want more mice? When Mort is probably completely content alone and multis are 8 hours away I'd probably leave Mort to it. Most male mice are always completely content alone and keeping multiple species together does always have risks associated with it. Male mice don't need females, they just sometimes like the company. Mice can't properly communicate with multis so if he's pretty happy alone its safer and easier to leave him that way
At the very least its best to really research multis, I know if/when we get them we'll be redoing all our research as they will definetly be getting different care to the mice we currently own. I'm not saying don't get them, just a bit concerned as you seem to have gone from not wanting more mice to rushing out to get multis from someone 8 hours away

Esmy - I get your situation a bit better and I know you're not averse to more pets so I'm not trying to discourage it if its really well thought out, just basically saying to everyone to please research them. Nervous mice can improve in time though and introductions can be stressful in their own right. I've just been trying to answer questions, not to give advice one way or the other - the questions just seemed to all run this way lol

I still think Crittery is the place to start with advice on multis, then micearenice did definetly discuss multi/fancy combinations fairly recently so that thread may be another handy place to research further

Personally I'd not put mice together with another species unless I'd really thought it through and was 100% convinced it was best for that exact situation but it does have to be a personal decision. Good luck to anyone with single male mice they're worried about - from everything I've read they will likely settle down happily enough eventually