View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 09:53 AM  
Hammyfan126
Newborn Pup

Exclamation Lump on tummy. Not sure what it is

Hi, its me Hammyfan again,
So recently I have gotten a new hamster by the name of Pricilla and she is a Syrian, 8 months old, and I have only had her for about a month buuuuttt, I was doing her weekly health check and well, there was a pink lump about the size of a thumb fingernail, when I touched it she moved a little but not a lot, it is on the left middle of her tummy. She hasn't really been as up and about as she was before, she sleeps a lot more now, sometimes she doesn't get up till about 5 a.m when was when she normally when back to sleep. Before she would be up about 2-3 times in the day time to get food and water, but now not at all, and yes I know hamsters are nocturnal but she is normally a little more active. It doesn't seem to be affecting her running or walking. She isn't eating as much either. I recently (like yesterday) switched her food from Hazel hamster to National geographic Hamster and Gerbil Entrée. So since I changed it not too long ago I don't think that it the food, other than that nothing has changed in her habitat.
Many thanks if you can help,
Hammyfan126, and Pricilla
Hammyfan126 is offline   Reply With Quote