View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 06:18 AM  
Glimt
Hamster Pup

Default Re: I just got a baby hammy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haziebabie
I was referring to the advice about not breeding indiscriminately with hamsters you know nothing about genetically. If you were a responsible hamster owner then you would find a cage somewhere to prevent problems occuring - more babies being the first to mind. They aren't toys to play games with. I don't even know why I am replying you'll do what you want to do anyway....
Easy now. Breeding indiscriminately? I am not breeding indiscriminately. I was never trying to breed them in the first place, as the petstore with their lack of knowledge said they were both females. As I saw them trying to mate and never having a litter I thought maybe they just couldn't have a litter and there was no damage done. If they were both males and they were doing it to dominate the replies here said they were most likely fighting too. As I've been watching them through whole nights a lot I know they have never been fighting and that they work very well together and thought it wasn't worth spending a lot of money on a new cage if they were fine.
It's odd you're making me sound like an irresponsible hamster owner, as you don't really have much facts other than my two hamsters suddenly had one baby. If they're stressed out for some reason I didn't cause it, they have plenty of space and calm and quiet, so I wouldn't know what the problem would be. I got two other male hamsters who started fighting and I put them apart in seperate cages, so obviously I care. If you think I'm irresponsible you should see other hamster owners, especially those who just buy them for their kids and basically leave them to rot. I at least check up on them often and give a damn. I know animals aren't toys, I love animals. I do not just do what I want, I just bought two new cages from the net to prevent further pregnancies but that is really all I can do. They got no where else to stay but together until I get the cages. I'm even poor and buying two cages is a lot of money, but I care. So please, give me a little slack, I've been trying to do right here. They are much safer at my place than at a petstore, where they can't even sex them properly and leave them together, so everyone can go home with a pregnant hamster.
I know you care about hamsters, but I'm not irresponsible. I don't know everything about hamsters, but I try .. Just the fact that I joined a forum only about hamsters would indicate I'm a little dedicated.
Glimt is offline   Reply With Quote