View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 01:21 AM  
loyal_tree
Hamster Pup

Send a message via Yahoo to loyal_tree
Default Cage Upgrade Plan...Comments Please!

I am going back and forth on which cage to buy for my hams. I have pretty much narrowed it down to a Zoo Zone 1 or 2, but therein lies the question...not sure which ZZ to get.

I have two Robo girls in one cage, and two Campbells boys in another. I have a lone dwarf that loves her tubes, so I don't know if I will get her a new cage as I can always connect some together. I would love to get them each a ZZ2, but keeping those cages is going to be hard. I would like to get everyone stacked up on shelves, but finding a shelving unit that wide is difficult! I don't have a lot of room to work with and I found a bookshelf wide enough, and just about deep enough for a ZZ1 (two inches short - no biggie), but it's 3 inches too short lengthwise for the ZZ2.

Basically, I'm feeling conflicted about getting the ZZ1's because just knowing there is a bigger cage available makes me feel guilty. I know ZZ1's will be enough space for two, but I want to give them the best! I can get both cages for the same price, so that is not an issue.

I plan to get a Syrian in the future that I'd like to have in a ZZ2, but I think a ZZ1 would be okay too. I just wish shelving units were easier to find that wide, without looking totally industrial because I would like it to still look like it belongs in my house!

I just need to decide which way to go, and feel good about my decision if I go smaller. Every time I think I've decided ZZ1's I get a little twinge of indecision. (<---How many times can you use the word decision or variants of it in two sentences...geez!) Maybe someone knows where to get really wide shelving units in the US? This is kind of a random post I know, but I would be interested on your thoughts on this.