View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 03:08 PM  
Glimt
Hamster Pup

Default Re: I just got a baby hammy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haziebabie
I really don't know you or a lot about hamsters really BUT I remember you posting before. You really didn't listen to any of the advice did you..? And how long is it since you last cleaned out your hams if you have only just noticed a baby wandering around with its eyes open? And yes please split up Mum and Dad now as I think its only a very short time after birthing before they are ready to mate again. Also one is a very small litter and Mum or Dad may have killed the others in order to cope...but of course check, although you would probably have seen others. They normally wander out of the nest before their eyes are open, once they have opened their eyes you can carefully clean the nest.

I'm sure someone else with more knowledge and experience will offer some advice for the sake of these poor hamsters of yours.
What you mean I didnt listen to the advice? They never did fight and have ANY problems. It must be about 2 weeks ago I think since I last cleaned it and she must have been pregnant by then. I can't exactly split them up yet as I don't have a cage for each of them yet. There is also only one, I have checked and cleaned the cage and given them my other hamster's big cage. And why are they poor hamsters? o_o
Glimt is offline   Reply With Quote