View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 04:35 AM  
Azula
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Meet little Yuki

Yuki sometimes tends to sleep with her eyes half opened. I don't think my previous hamsters ever did this. Is that normal, should I be worried?

She's tends to freeze a lot. Yesterday she had a moment where she froze on my bed and just stared at me. I gave her one sunflower seed and she immediately put it in her cheek, but continued to stand still. So I kept giving her seeds and when I wouldn't give her one for 15 secs she'd make a step towards me and then stop. In the end those steps she took led her in my hand and she continued to be frozen there... After I put her in the cage she was still frozen for some time and then went back to normal...
And yesterday I called her and she randomly just fell (laid) on her back with all paws up and looked at me for 15 secs without moving (she wasn't aggressive). That lying on her back was more of an accident because she stood up on her little feet to see better and then lost balance and ended up on her back. She was there like that because she was between her cage wall and her food bowl and didn't care to move
She is biting less than she did before so that's good.
Azula is offline   Reply With Quote