View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 10:22 AM  
Hanlou
Adult Hamster

Default Re: How to connect cages with tubes

Have been out all this weekend so sorry for the delay! Here's other cages I've joined (though not all are hamster cages) :

Rody Cavia joined to a Ferplast Duna Fun (I did this using the tubes on the Duna which already have 'holes' so you can join them to other cages - I just used a piece of mesh on the Rody then and cut an access hole for the tube to go through - the mesh I wired on to the Duna using garden wire) :

Zoozone 2 plus Ferplast Duna Fun (same method to join them as above) :

When Herbert had it:

When Tinkerbell had it:

Herbert's current tank plus Ferplast Duna Fun (again, joined using same method as above):

Close up of tube combination:

Gabber Rex plus Mickey Max mouse cage:

Close up of tubes showing connector plates on Rex and Mickey cage:

Savic Cambridge plus Savic Hamster Heaven - joined using a cut out hole and connector plate on the Cambridge. The HH already has tube plates on the top so it's easy to use:

Savic Cambridge attached to the tank that Herbert now has - connector plate used on the Cambridge and the tubes went through a hole in the mesh on the tank lid. This set-up was initially used for Spiny Mice:

Close up of tubes joining them:

Savic Freddy 2 cage joined to a Savic Cambridge (Both of my now Spiny Mice have one of these set-ups each - they had to be separated so are now lone meeces!):

Oscar's:

Tubeys!

Ned's:

I *think* that's just about all of the tube connections I've done other than my rat cage but that's never really going to be relevant to a hamster forum! :P

Not all of the above combinations are currently in use of course but it just shows what you can do!

...plus Herbert, Tiny, Ping, Teacake, Muffin and Biscuit.
Hanlou is offline   Reply With Quote