View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 05:07 AM  
Thrifty Hamster
Hamster Pup

Send a message via Skype™ to Thrifty Hamster
Default Re: Emergency Mouse Rescue! A bit of an impulse buy...

Hi Racing, thanks for the advice. Though when you say bathe do you mean bathe him in some sort of Tupperware container (with low amounts of water, of course) or in the sink?

He's currently on Vita Prima Rat, Mouse & Gerbil Sunseed mix. It truly was an emergency situation as I had nothing to give him at home. No 'special mouse food' only hamster food and I didn't even have a cage set up for him!

So, therefore I panicked and choose the best looking food on the shelf in my opinion and took him home with me and fled the store >_<! I'll try to update his food to something higher quality ASAP, and I'll be on that Saline formula.

He's doing fine by the way, he hasn't shown much signs of pain and I've been watching him closely... He's been cleaning himself, which I assume most likely his wounds have been bothering him a tadbit (though that hasn't been like, screaming in pain or anything because if he'd done that I'd take immediate action...) He has been eating his new food just fine, and he drank A LOT my guess was they never changed the water properly in the store and/or they didn't have any water at all, so that's why I'm guessing he was so thirsty.

OR he must've fought to the death with other mice to get to the water? Submissive or dominance? I think he's the dominant one, because his testicles are HUGE! Already his cage is smelly from him spraying and he's tried to bite me through the box while on the drive home. He's feisty! But I'm hoping for him because he made through the first night!

I hope little Mortie-cakes is here to stay!
Thrifty Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote