View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 06:39 PM  
Thrifty Hamster
Hamster Pup

Send a message via Skype™ to Thrifty Hamster
Exclamation Emergency Mouse Rescue! A bit of an impulse buy...

So today I was at Petco, I saw a mouse that had open wounds from causing a fight with another mouse (several mice in the cage, probably.) His testosterone levels are extremely high and he's super smelly!

I immediately called over a clerk and she said he would be put into the back and used as a feeder mouse, which I respect the fact that snakes have to eat mice in order to survive but I can't let the mouse be eaten after he has all these open wounds! (He prolly wont even taste good to the snake anyway >_<!)(Being bloody and wounded and all...)

So, I begged my mom (which didn't take much begging, considering she felt sorry for the lil' guy too!) to let me 'buy' AKA: rescue him. Yes. They made me PURCHASE an INJURED mouse. However we get to the cashier, a different woman and she's applaud upon hearing the other woman's story that we have to pay so she docks off 80 cents for the mouse which is originally priced at 3.90 something. She can only dock off a little bit because she's afraid she'll get in trouble, but we understand this and thank her for her help and say that "every bit counts,".

Years ago mom and I rescued an Evening Bat that was flopping around on the side-walk and see we knew he was going to die, but we didn't want him to die in shame by getting killed by some cat or something. So better for him to die comfortably then dying like... that.

Anyway, so I took the mouse and he's actually doing better then he was in the pet store, and I have seen him eat and run on his wheel and sleep a bit and burrow, etc.

But he still has open wounds so I don't know if they'll heal on their own or if I should take action and eventually find some sort of home remedy for him? My mom refuses to take him to the vet, and I respect this as we took my hamster to the vet as you all probably remember and she died the day after.

I hope he makes it through tonight. -crosses fingers-.
Thrifty Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote