View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 02:08 PM  
Hellz19
Newborn Pup

Default Extermely nervous hamster? Help please.

I recently bought a hamster from a local small pet shop. I have had 7 hamsters over the past few years and all have been healthy happy and very friendly. As well as living for around 3 - 3.5 years each. When I got my new one home I did the usual and gave her time to settle in and get used to her new surroundings. Then when she started to come out the following night I got a little treat out and spoke gently to her and she came and took the treat from me. She will still do this but is very very nervous and getting no better. I can't get her to come near me or let me touch or hold her. This is starting to concern me as like I said earlier all my previous hamsters have been very friendly and timid towards me.

Any help you can offer I will be very grateful for.

Also I have noticied that since yesterday she has became less interested in her food and doesnt want any treats. The cage did have tubes for her but I have blocked them off today after cleaning as she had stuffed all her bedding and food in there. She had been sleeping in pee'd on bedding and I noticied her back end is wet. I am now dreading that she has wet tail, I have tried to get her out to give her a little clean but seeing as she hasnt tamed to me yet she wont let me. She is drinking still and coming out, she has just been for a little run on her wheel as i'm writing this. I am very concerned at the moment and hope you can help me. As I really just want her to be a healthy happy hamster and to be able come out and get some fuss from me.

Sorry for the essay but I hope you can help solve these problems I am having
Hellz19 is offline   Reply With Quote