View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 06:37 AM  
babyboos
Retired Moderators

Send a message via MSN to babyboos Send a message via Yahoo to babyboos
Default WW pictures

I will get some more tonight - I have had the camera on charge just now in anticipation - one point though, the Pearl is not a colour of Winter White Russian Dwarf hamster it is a pattern, and affects both the Normal and the Sapphire colours slightly differently, by dillluting out a lot of the coat colour leaving only a few coloured hairs especially around the head and the dorsal stripe can sometimes be partially or fully obliterated, more so in Sapphire Pearls. There is also an Imperial (with a pure white belly) which is very rare, and two new colours just announced, with final names to be confirmed, but currently referred to as Mushroom and Brown, relating to the Sapphire dilute and undilute Normal versions respectively. For more information on these please visit Wendy Barry's Hedgehog Site

They look great reduced in size like that. I love these guys so much but have had to reduce my breeding efforts due to continued lack of popularity and have now only two breeding colonies where once I had seven groups and pairs. We really need the large chainstores like PetSmart in USA and Pets at Home in UK to distinguish between the two different Russian Dwarf species, it is shocking how many years they have got away with clumping them together.
babyboos is offline   Reply With Quote