View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 03:58 PM  
Hanhanboban
Hamster Pup

Default Is one of my two dwarf hammys getting pushed around?

Hey everyone (:

I got my two new dwarf hammys a week ago, Gizmo is a little boy, very confident and loves to come say hello to everyone and climb onto their hands! Gimli unfortunately has unknown sex at the moment but I'm thinking the little one might be a boy too (I'm a beginner so I'm not good at sexing them).

Well Gimli doesn't come out much during the day, but loves the night. He isn't very confident and if we're lucky he will have a really quick sniff of your finger before running away, we have handled him before and held him but not for long, he's very quick! This is another reason it's been so hard to sex him.

Anyway, as I said Gizmo is very confident. They've been fine together, they help eachother out and sleep together in the cage. I've been hearing squeaking from them a night but nothing that sounds concerning, every now and then I see them rolling about together or scrabbling around but not for long, it's barely a minute before they stop and carry on about their business.

But today when I got the cage down to play with them, I added a second wheel in so they could both run at the same time if they wanted to, and Gizmo kept trying to push Gimli off and run when he just wanted to sit. He was chasing him round the cage and like climbing ontop of him and digging his nose right into him. He wasn't doing it for long but he did do it afew times, poor glimi is trying to mind his own business and Gizmo just buts in and Gimli curls up and just sits there.

I've only noticed this today and Gimli is still active and runs around and plays by himself but I'm worried Gizmo might be being nasty to him or pushing him around. Is this behaviour normal or should I be worried?

Thanks a lot in advance (:

Hannah x
Hanhanboban is offline   Reply With Quote