View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 03:24 PM  
raindrop
Newborn Pup

Default p@h yesterday, saw two robo's being sold..

Whenever I go into p@h for anything i always pay a visit to the hammies etc.
Yesterday, two small excited children were choosing hamsters, with their parents and had decided on 2 robo's.
The assistant unlocked them while the kids looked on and parents asked questions.
the assistant told them they are very quick, need to hold them like this etc I couldn't hear the whole of the conversation and didn't want to be too nosy. (well i did, but it wouldn't have been polite)
But when the mum looked over to me she said arent they fast , I agreed and i ponted out that mine are rarely out during the day prefering to come out quite late and spend hours on the wheels.
the assistant didn't say anything and just boxed up two, mum asked then about the sex of the ones boxed, but the assistant said she didn't know, and would 'have a look'
I'm only new to hammies having got my robo's a few weeks ago, i have already upgraded their domain bought endless toys etc(as you do) so i am by no means an expert.

But it struck me that perhaps a robo was not the best choice, as they are so small and fast and I have only just got mine to tolerate me handling them although Puddle will take food from my fingers.

And if they are going to be active at night, they arent going to around during the childrens waking hours, and may be a disappointment to them

Am I worrying for nothing