View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 04:42 PM  
DrKMcK
Retired Moderator

Default Re: Empty Tank Syndrome

{Hugs} I know it hurts and it feels like it would be going against Boo's memory to even think of getting another hammy. But there will never be another Boo. (I don't mean the name...I mean the hammy personality). Every hamster is special and deserves our sadness and grief when they leave us. Boo wasn't even mine and my heart hurt at his passing . Patches' death was so much easier for me because of Hamster Central. Being able to drown you guys in her photos on the February photo thread really helped. Back before I joined Hamster Central, my wonderful hamster Coco died of cancer. I still had Patches, who was still very young, but Coco's death hit me really hard and I couldn't even clean his cage for about a month. I would walk by it and miss him so much. It was seeing all the hammies here after I joined that made me consider getting more hamsters, thus, Ted E., Toffee & Almond. They are now helping me deal with my girl's loss. It takes time, and that time is different for everyone. Some need a new hammy right away because they cannot handle the empty cage. Some can't bear to have another hammy in that cage just yet. It's very individual. You take the time you need. Boo was so very loved. At some point you will see a hammy face who needs to know what that love feels like too. Then, that cage will hold another little love. Peace will come in time <3