View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 07:00 AM  
muddy_dragon
Hamster Pup

Default Re: PLEASE help. I can't take much more.

when i had banoffee i had the exact same problem (i had a collection of smaller cages joined together, which i wouldn't do again) no matter what i tried, including sticking things through or around the bars (i completely blocked off the bars with twigs once and she just destroyed them completely gnawed through every single one to get to the bars) and including distraction techniques such as scatter feeding, food puzzles (in toilet rolls hanging from the ceiling, in enclosed egg boxes etc etc) nothing worked. Then i got a zoozone two and added it to one of her smaller cages (that she used to chew the bars on the roof in - a duna) and got rid of the other cages. she stopped chewing almost instantly now she had this much bigger continuous area to run in, rather than disjointed areas, despite still having access to the roof bars she used to chew she didn't chew them. i really recommend a zoozone two they're very good. You can sometimes find them cheaper on ebay etc. I got mine for a fiver off ebay by searching for cages in my area and happened to spot one.

Do you still have the tank cage you tried with your previous ham? perhaps you could try your current ham in it and see how it goes and take them straight out if they seem stressed?

i agree with souffle i have used the boots wax earplugs a lot as i am a very light sleeper and they work brilliantly. i really would recommend them
muddy_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote