View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 02:45 AM  
Scrubby
Adult Hamster

Unhappy PLEASE help. I can't take much more.

As much as I love my 8 week old Syrian Pumpkin, I might have to think about giving her away if this doesn't stop soon because this is getting ridiculous and it's starting to interfere with my life, though I really don't want it to come to that.
I've had her 3 weeks now and she wakes up at 9 in the evening, I get her out every night and when I am in bed, trying to sleep she chews her bars. She's got plenty of toys in her cage but constantly chewing chewing chewing so much so I am getting about 3 hours sleep per night. This is every single night literally and she is up all night til about 6 in the morning. I've tried blowing her face and saying no but it doesn't work. I've tried putting things on top of the cage to stop her but she just chews those too. She ruined one of my hoodies last night. She is waking me up and keeping me awake constantly. There is no other room in the house she can go so she has to stay in my room. But how can I stop her chewing the bars? Is there anything I can rub on the bars that will put her off. I've heard vinegar puts them off but I don't wanna risk it because I doubt it's good for them.
Pleeeeeease help. I am exhausted.