View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 02:47 PM  
Gingamonkey
Newborn Pup

Lightbulb Re: Playpen - how to make a Correx playpen

Hi everyone, I saw the first people to post about making a Correx playpen after buying a metal vertical wire playpen, which lasted about 5 minutes before the hamster escaped. Anyway the Correx playpen is perfect and the hamster cannot escape although she has tried all that she can. Little houdini she is. I bought 20 sheets of A3 Correx with a Short Flute (this means the bendy flute bit is vertical so the pen is only A4 height, so kids can step into the pen to play with the hamster, but the hamster cant get out. If you were to have long flute then it would be too tall. I bought from e-bay from trent plastics for around £20. Just make sure you specify "Short Flute" as this is important and if possible put the request for this on the actual order itself somewhere, if not on an e-bay message to them against the order. I also bought bulldog clips to suit to clip it all together. I bought 36 x 32 mm bulldog / foldback clips from Euroffice for around £8.30 inc packaging. This means I have enough to clip together up to 18 pieces of the Correx. You only need about half that, but its up to you and the size of your house.

It really gave the hamster lots of room to run around in and you can put plenty of toys and loo rolls and all sorts for them to investigate.
Gingamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote