View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 01:08 AM  
Munchalot
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Do You Think She's Lonely?

I'm worried about my poor little robo Pipkin. I've started to hold off on the handling efforts recently because I have come to the conclusion that she is never going to be a cuddly hamster. It might be her, or how she lived for the months of life before I got her; maybe her first owner was too rough, and she never got used to the P@H staff grabbing for her.

I've tried, but I still can't even put my hand near the tank without her scuttling for cover and hiding. I can't even get close enough for her to sniff me, she is just too petrified. She seems a lot happier now that I have stopped making a fuss of her, and she's awake and active during the day quite a lot.

However, sometimes when I watch her, she seems to just sit by herself in the corner, staring off into space. When she listens to my voice, I can tell that she is curious and is dying for some interaction, but she's just too nervous.
I'm wondering if my poor little one is lonely.

I know she has lived alone for a long time, but do you think she would except a very young companion? Like, 6 weeks old? Or is it impossible? :/
I just want her to be happy...