View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 07:30 PM  
BrainGirl
Hamsters on the Brain

Default Re: Converting a guinea pig cage.

I've been very busy this week and more of my time than usual has been taken up with looking after the neighbour's cats, but I haven't forgotten about my cage plans! I've been scanning the local classifieds diligently, late into the night, for another guinea pig cage. I found one, identical to the first, but it sold immediately. Last night I wrote to another seller and picked up my second cage this morning. It's a Marchioro Tommy! 38" x 20". I had to travel all the way to the tip of the peninsula (a fair drive) in my friend's dying car in rain and heavy traffic, but it was important so I gritted my teeth and carried on *raaargh!* On the way back I detoured to the feed store and picked up a whole bunch of wire mesh. Their selection was down from normal so I bought what they had left in both 1/4" and 1/2" mesh. The 1/4" will be on the sides and the 1/2" I'll put on the roof. I also bought a bucket of cable ties. I didn't need 1000 of them but it was an assortment of colours and sizes. The 4" ties alone came in red, green, yellow, and blue! So I'm sure I can make the wiring as pretty as possible

I hope to be finished this before Monday and then I can share pictures with you! Oh, and I managed to find a hamster-sized Shinto shrine. I think it was actually meant to be a bird feeder, but it's really cool!
BrainGirl is offline   Reply With Quote