View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 03:16 AM  
moonie64
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Vet Care - how much should I budget?

Well I have just posted earlier about Daisy Mazy who I have had for 8 weeks and got her foot trapped in the door. I receive family tax credit because I am on my own with my son and can only work part-time due to chronic illness. I have a medical exemption card which means that the state feel that I do not earn enough to pay for my prescription. How ever I have just had to pay £125 for Daisy to have her back foot amputated because the PDSA would not help because I was not unemployed. I do not think this is a fair system. There should be a means test, I was happy to give a big donation and would have given £50-£60, even though this is still a lot for me. The thing is I could have got a friend on benefit to bring her in and say it was his, which I am sure some people do but I wouldn't.

Daisy cost me £10 but the money you pay out in terms of a good cage and health care are massive. I am not sure we would have got her if I had realised just how much she would cost but we are so attaché now that I could not let her go when the vet put that to me yesterday.
moonie64 is offline   Reply With Quote