View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 04:21 PM  
Skwee
Hamster Pup

My second Hamster but the one I had the longest. Of course I love all my hamsters to bits and would die without them but Hamlet had a special place. I can't begin to describe it.... we went through a lot together in the year and a half I had her...

I will never forget how brave you were my Hamlet. You survived Wet Tail. You did it with your strength and kindness. You knew I couldn't bear to lose you so soon... you fought hard my sweetie. You were always a pretty little girl with plenty of stamina and you never gave up on what you started. You suffered from many colds because you had such a poor immune system after the Wet Tail...

Always the little poorly sleepy head needing cuddles...

Your one and only birthday went down in style...

You were a star Hamlet. on the PWS forums you were famous. Everyone knew you, and loved you, and loved your photographs. The photograph everyone remembers was of course your breadstick vanishing act... taken only days before I helped you on your way...

^^ and for those who don't know... she did indeed pouch the whole thing...

perhaps one of my favourite photographs from Christmas.. The one that was on the front of all my Xmas cards...

You will forever have my heart my little baby...

always strong and always stubborn... you loved that bone!

That was all very well until that gutting day I knew you were really ill and that this was it.... you had lost a lot of your hair... you got skin cancer... you got tumors all over your poor poor little body... I knew you weren't going to live through this but without once complaining you took your medication without a complaint and you tried your hardest not to be ill. You just couldn't beat Cushings Disease. You couldn't beat it but you battled it and fought like a hero for 7 months but I had to let you go.. you were fighting your hardest for me so I had to do the hardest thing I ever could and I had to fight to let you be free of fear, free of pain and free of struggle...

Damn Cushings Disease because I miss you Hamlet

Will see you at Rainbow Bridge when I get there... I will be looking for you my sweetie. Look after my other little guys for me like I know you would.