View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 12:05 PM  
The Hamster's family
The happy hamily

Default Re: 2 Robos together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkigrace View Post
It is true, robos can be kept in pairs. Definitely ensure they are the same sex as an accidental litter isn't something you want (trust me, it happened to me)!! If you can get them from the same litter then they will already be used to living together which is a good start

To try and keep a pair together successfully, as some pairs do fall out and need separating, I would advise the following...
Big cage, with plenty of space. No levels or platforms. No houses with only one entrance/exit as one may trap the other one in there. Biiiig sand bath with plenty of room for both of them to fit in. Scatter feed rather than using a food bowl so that one can't claim the bowl/food as their own. 2 identical wheels next to each other will also help so there is nothing to fight over. Personally I don't give them a house, I just give them a big pile of bedding for them to make an open nest wherever they want to.

Do bear in mind that you could follow any advice given on keeping a robo pair happy and living peacefully but some simply fall out anyway to the point of not being able to live together any more. Therefore having a spare cage is also advised should you need it, especially as things can escalate quickly sometimes.

Where are you thinking of getting a pair from?

I have a pair of males that prefer their wheels and sandbath at opposite sides !! hehehehehe !

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...g_20130616.jpg
The Hamster's family is offline   Reply With Quote