View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 05:48 AM  
TracyMM
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Good vets finder

Hi, does anyone know of a good vet in North London, N6 isn? I have tried PetVet and although nice and willing to accommodate hamsters, they are incredibly expensive (I was paying almost £60 a month for teeth trim and check up of previous hamster). Also when I took Alfred I noticed they had got him down on the form as a 'mixed' hamster. I indignantly corrected them, as Alfred is a pedigree Syrian! They don't clip teeth as they say it can cause chipping or damage to the tooth root; they use a drill. Alfred was so traumatised that this genial hamster (who has never bitten in his life), after suffering his teeth being drilled, brutally attacked the cloth he was being held in! He looked so upset when I collected him I vowed never again. Luckily his breeder just clips them whenever, and Alfred is really laid back with her. But just in case I ever need a vet for something other than teeth, does anyone know of a good hamster vet in my area.

BTW, I have no complaints with PetVet, but i don't think they see too many hamsters. This is Cockapoo territory....
TracyMM is offline   Reply With Quote