View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 07:03 AM  
LisaAndObi
Hamster Pup

Talking Obi's natural set up is complete!

After waiting a long time for the cage to arrive, I finally have Obi's home all finished! I am happy with how it turned out, and I think that tonight my little bear will have great fun exploring everything new.

In the corner, you can see the roof of his log cabin, which is burried underground and accessed via the cork tube. I am hoping that Obi will nest in here, after I move his little nest into it. That's what I hope, haha.

As promised, here's a list of everything I have used, the price and where to get it from! I really didn't go much out of my way for these things so it's quite easy to acheive the natural look! I do plan on adding in some smallish rocks to the sand when I find some that I like ^_^
1) Maxi Duna Multy (£80, My local pet store)
2) Megazorb 85l, used around half of the bag (£8a bag, My local equestrian store)
3) Woodlands small hut (£6, Pets at home)
4) Cork Bark pieces, Baked for around 3 hours at a high temp, then scrubbed with a toilet brush inside and out before being sandpapered to a smooth finish inside (£14, My local reptile store)
5) Moss (Kindly given to me to LoobyLou!)
6) Small grass hut (£0.75, Pets at home)
7) Cress, seperated into 2 pieces and pushed into toilet roll tubes to keep it steady and contained once burried (£0.24, Morrisons)
2 x Large play sticks (£10, Pets at home)
9) Small play sticks (£3, Pets at home)
10 ) Play sand, baked for 30 minutes until dry (£2.50, Tesco)
11) 29cm Karlie Wonderland wheel, coated with clear plastikote (£15, Amazon)
12) Plastikote, small pot (£3, B&Q)
13) Mopai Wood, leeched for 2 weeks to remove the tannins and baked until dry (£2, The range)

Grand total of £144.49
Eeek, lets hope he likes it huh

Last edited by LisaAndObi; 05-29-2013 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Adding more :)
LisaAndObi is offline   Reply With Quote