View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 05:39 PM  
SnuggleHam
Former Admin

Default New Changes to Hamster Central

Well! I'm sure you already knew there were changes the moment you came back to the forum! We have allot of great new features here on the updated version of PHPbb, some of these new features include the use of signatures! (you can opt to turn the viewing of signatures off on your user control panel- found at the top of the forum under the logo) We also have the ability to upload pictures directly to the forum from your computers! No more third party hosting woe's. There really is a tone of things I need to tell everyone about, and I plan to have an extensive tutorial on how the forum works, and where all the new features are, but right now I am very tried!

Smoo and I spent a good few hours getting this forum ready to update, and also getting the new website up. Yes the main content of HC has changes and we are now using wiki software. For any of you who have bookmarked only the forum, you can get to the wiki by clicking the tab at the top of the forum, above the logo where it says "Wiki"

Sorry it seems the avatar images were lost, you'll just have to upload new ones.

The old profiles feature is now gone, but there have been some great additions to the forum profiles with custom fields to fill out that can personalize your profile a bit more. The classifieds is also gone, but I intend to bring that back to the forum, that topic will be coming along shortly once I hash out the details.

We will also figure out a place for hamstery ads.

If you any problems or questions please post them here. Some questions may go answered since much will be explained when I post the tutorial for how the forum works.
SnuggleHam is offline   Reply With Quote