View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 12:15 PM  
PinkEmily
Adult Hamster

Send a message via MSN to PinkEmily
Default My Trip to the Vets - Not good news

I took Chip and Ted to the vets today, Chip for her large lump, suspected cataracts and diabetes worries, and Ted because his infected Belly button isnt healing.

Chip was up first and gave the vet quite a shock as 8 months ago he said she wouldnt have long left with us. He explained to me that Chips body must have absorbed the stuff in the tumor and thats why it shrunk, but its grown again and is probably not going to go away again. He also said with the tumor and age she has developed diabetes which is why she has developed cataracts and why a scab on her back wont heal, he explained to me that i cant do anything and to take her back to be pts when she appears to be in pain. He also said that she looks to be in good spirits and isnt showing any signs of being in pain and is very lively.

Teds news was also bad, he said straight away that it was a tumor thats why it wasnt healing, and was starting to ooze as it broke up. Apparently the tumor isnt attached to anything so he can operate but with the obvious risks of the anesthetic also Ted damaging himself afterwards, Ted loves lying on his back licking his belly when i put cream on, i really dont know what to do Hes just over one year old, the opp will cost £30-£40 so thats no problem im just trying to weigh up the odds. Hes such a character, i dont want to cut his life short by him dying in the opp or by the tumor.

Please someone offer me some advice My boyfriend said we will have a chat tomorrow, my mum was like its only a hamster and my dad well hes happy with whatever i do, i just need to know what you would do as hamster mummys and daddys
PinkEmily is offline   Reply With Quote