View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 04:08 AM  
happyham
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Alexander Cage - recommended and review

Hi Hope u all had a good Xmas..and hope Knotty was pleased with the Alexander,u said u were setting it up on Xmas Day! I'd quite like to be snuggled up in an Alexander in this weather..I guess our hams have a pretty good life.
Re keeping hams warm in winter....I expect most people have nice modern warm places,but I live in an old cottage which can be slightly draughty,even with dbl glazing,so I have Hum's cage next to a radiator, his bedroom is alongside,and I insulate the base of the cage with honeycomb blanket around the outside of the base.As the central heating is off all night I have a small Bambino oil radiator close up to Hum's bedroom,which I put on a low setting,2,that way he's just right.You can tell if they're warm enough by feeling their paws when you lift them out! Now Hum's always nice and warm.I always have plenty of soft bedding so he can make a really warm nest.That fluffy stuff seems really good. I also put a blanket across one side of the cage for extra warmth.I leave the room's curtains open at night so the little man can see what he's doing! My relatives said he looks much better now than when I first got him.Must post a pic soon,he's so cute..he has developed a lovely coat now(he's a longhair).
happyham is offline   Reply With Quote