View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 09:05 AM  
happyham
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Alexander Cage - recommended and review

Hi Susie You won't be disappointed with the Alexander cage,it's amazingly spacious and very safe.Hum loves it.
He stopped bar chewing completely after he moved in.You can set it up and use it in various ways,it's got 2 beautifully made separate houses with it,and I've set mine up to give 3 levels.
The base is big and I put the base of Hum's old cage into the Alexander base for a familiar smell.It's still in there and provides another extra compartment for him to run in and out of.
A hamster can do alot of running about in the Alexander.I also got a Karlie Wonderland bogie wheel (smooth wood) 8",which Hum loved..he never ever got into his previous wheel which was too small I think.
Even tho it's a huge cage,I still like to take Hum out every eve..he lets himself be picked up for a cuddle,and then a big run around my bedroom (have to watch the little monkey all the time or he tries to take up the carpet and find a hole in the floorboards!)or a play in his old cage-top,I use things like Pringle tubes and mince pie boxes to make it interesting!
Good luck with your cage,I bought mine online from Zooplus,think I paid around £72.You may be lucky and find a cheaper one or a used one,but it's well worth the money.
happyham is offline   Reply With Quote