View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 10:53 AM  
The Hamster's family
The happy hamily

Default Re: Cage sizes comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsgurl View Post
I don't know if its already been done (I couldnt find anything like this anywhere), but as I love spreadsheets and graphs (which I do for my job) I thought I would gather some information on the main cages available, and compile it all together to create some comparisons.

The data I've collected is: name, dimensions, type (wired/tank/part wired), main materials, bar spacing (if available), and if any shelves are included. I've calculated a crude floor space in square centimetres (just by multiplying the width by the depth), but this does not include any shelf space or any other space available (i.e tubes).

This is not a definitive list of cages, as there may be some I've missed off, or some information may differ slightly between websites (ive gathered info from a few different websites).

The graph below shows the cages in order, by my calculated (approximate) floor space, and thought this might be interesting to other members.

I was wondering if you could add the Gabbia Criceto Oliver in the graphs... It has 90cm lengh x 52cm depth x 38 cm height. Thanks a lot !!! =)
The Hamster's family is offline   Reply With Quote