View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 03:03 PM  
posie1970
Newborn Pup

Default Dwarf hamster: suddenly still and staring?!

Hello everyone,

My Winter White dwarf girl did the strangest thing yesterday and I wondered whether anyone else had ever observed something similar?

I'd taken her into the garden to run about on the grass. I do this from time to time so that she has a change of scene and some additional exercise. My little one also enjoys watching her during this time.

She was out as normal and was wondering a bit far away from us, so I gently scooped her up using both hands. She'd usually be busy sniffing me and moving about but this time she suddenly flattened slightly and kept absolutely still with her eyes staring. Her nose was barely twitching. I gently called her name and stroked her and after a couple of minutes she "revived" and was her normal curious self again. When I put her down afterwards, she had done a poo and I wonder whether this is the reason why she suddenly so still?

Has anyone else every observed a this or a similar kind of behaviour in a dwarf. She scared me a bit when it happened, but since then seems her normal lovely self?

Just curious about what might have happened.

Thanks,
posie
x
posie1970 is offline   Reply With Quote