Old 07-29-2012, 02:34 AM  
Catherine Spark
Senior Hamster

Send a message via AIM to Catherine Spark
Default Re: Question about Chit-chit-chit noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by walfy View Post
They rarely do it whilst moving
Interesting to hear that about bruxing, as she was very still whilst doing it. And she seemed very tired, comparing her body language with the body language of the following night, which was immediately followed by a nap in her nest. So maybe she was just fretting out of tiredness. She seems a lot more confident and tame now, and less jittery in general (if not any less speedy!). Been giving her a good regular routine involving plenty of specific handling time (as opposed to ball time or toy time). Even found a tickly spot, and she'll jump onto my knee spontaneously now. So hopefully if it's bruxing it will now just occur as something subconscious, or a sign of relaxation.

I don't think I have ever experienced the angry chattering then - thank goodness and touch wood! Would someone try and describe what that is like, or post a youtube video if there is one, so I know it when I see it and don't mistake it for bruxing? Thank you for all the responses to this - really helps!