View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 03:04 PM  
fluffymunchkins
#1 Hamster Mom

Default Re: Breeding hamsters

Its good that yyou have some experience already (even if it was accidental) and your looking into it before deciding to go ahead
What I will say is, no matter how prepared you are, it will nearly always be stressful! Potential deaths of pups or even mum is something you need to consider every time. However, the rewards of bringing healthy and happy babies into the world is what makes it all worth it.

I'm definitley a young breeder, but age doesn't matter as long as you are seriously considering the consequences. As a NHC member I don't agree with breeding without good reason to do so. And by good reason I mean the litter is purely intended to improve the hamster fancy by choosing the best parents. Though personally showing isn't my main objective, providing quality pet hamsters creates better appreciation for getting hamsters from breeders instead of pet shops. Showing only confirms my hamsters are of a good standard

Anyway, not intending to ramble, my point is it isn't a bad idea to breed in future. But you may want to carefully consider your reasons for breeding x