View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 03:18 PM  
ButterNut
Hamster Pup

Default Breeding hamsters

Okay, let me say this first, im not at all planning or thinking of breeding hamsters any time soon, or ever! So dont say "Your not ready" or act like im planning to breed hamsters, because im not.

But, if youve been reading my posts, you know that Buttercup, the hamster I got from petco had 9 unexpected babys. I havent even sold them all yet but it went pretty well actually. She didnt eat any (1 at most, probably 0 though) And I love having all the little baby hamsters! I gave one to a really good home a few days ago and I would never give them to bad homes.

I was thinking one day, it would be fun to breed hamsters. I know that they could eat there babys or something though, but is it dangerous for the mom? Is that a terrible Idea? I wasnt going to do it now or soon because im not ready. I wasnt at all prepared for 9 babys so I didnt even know how to seperate them. But now that ive done it, if I was prepared I think I could do it. Nothing terribly wrong happened this time. Besides things I did (the day I seperated them I was scared the baby girls were going to have more babys!)

And again, im not going to do it now. Itll be a loong time before I even consider it really.
That would be stupid since I still dont know much about hamster breeding. I was just wondering if it was a bad idea to to do it some day in the future?

(by the way, I mean Syrians)

Last edited by ButterNut; 07-05-2012 at 03:38 PM.
ButterNut is offline   Reply With Quote