View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 07:27 AM  
StarlightSerenity
Wicked Witch of Manchester

Default Re: Should i buy pet hamsters from pet stores?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki S View Post
I didn't actually realize it was that bad I am totally against breeding animals for money as they have more to them than popping out babies although in saying that I am breeding my dog next year and then she will be spayed apparently it calms them down and better for their health.

That's actually made me feel like a nasty bit of work after seeing the way they live it's so unfair why do dogs and cats have so many rights but rodents don't?

Could we get a petition or something going to close these lot down?

Vicki
Don't feel bad, when I was a kid all my hams came from pet stores, so did my rabbits and piggies too (and yup, I had rabbits and guinea pigs living together). I didn't know, but now I do, now you do, everyone who knows about these things can work to getting the info out there

Breeding isn't a bad thing, if you're breeding your dog for good reasons, know her genetic background and that of the male dog and what have you then go for it. I have to say, I wouldn't want to breed dogs - it's expeeeeensive with all the tests you have to do first.

I know what you mean about the dogs/cats verses rodents thing. I really do think it's because animals like hams don't live very long, people see them as disposable and don't care.