View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 02:10 PM  
Freda
Banned

Default Should I Be Keeping Hamsters As I'm Scared Of Handling Without Gloves On?

I have always kept hamsters this past ten years but I have never handled any hamster without wearing gloves as i'm frightened of getting bitten again since i got bitten when i first kept hamsters.People have told me you should never wear gloves as its stressful for the hamster & makes them nervous,& they cant get to know your scent so easily,but i'm too scared of been bitten again as hamster bites are so painful so i will Never handle a hamster with bare hands,i've always got to wear gloves,does this matter,will it affect a hamster if its owner is frightened to handle it without gloves?

Should i really be a hamster owner if i'm frightened of been bitten so much that i wont handle them without gloves on.
Folks have said to me theres no point in having a pet hamster if you're so nervous of possibly been bitten that you will only handle the hamster with thick gardening gloves on.Are they correct in saying this,should i keep hamsters if i wont take the gloves off?