View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 05:02 PM  
moonie
Hamster Pup

Default *PLEASE look* Hamsters making noises? Is this normal? Active and well!

Hey guys,

Wow! Ever since I got my new Dextie, I have been running into issues. It seems like that issues always arise when it is finals time which makes it even harder. Maybe I am paranoid but I can't help it.

So this is the issue. A couple nights ago, I noticed my hamster making noises. I thought it was something in my sleep but then he made it again. I cannot describe the sound. It sounded something like a little growl or a purr. I got up right away to check up on him and he seemed to be all right and alert. He even spun in his wheel and was eating. No crust in eyes or any signs of sickness. He was active.

Then last night, I heard the sounds again. Sounds like a growl or purr. I got up right away to check and there he was doing his business like nothing was wrong. He is very responsive to things I do, bright eyes, drinks and eats and does everything. I even had to bring him to school (an hour) drive and he did very well with it.

I have read that hamsters are usually not supposed to make sounds but then I read that some do. This guy seems to be well otherwise and showing no signs of slowing down. I even checked for wet tail and his bum is dry. He is roughly only 8 weeks old.

Are some "hamsters" more vocal than others? Is this something dangerous? Is he just expressing an emotion?

Thanks guys.
moonie is offline   Reply With Quote