View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 12:55 PM  
Emma
Hamster Addict

Send a message via MSN to Emma
Default Merry had an adventure!

Phew! Merry just had half an hour as a free hamster!

I'm in the middle of packing to move house, and the whole flat is in disarray. There are piles of clothes and books all over my bedroom that I'm sorting through. All the hamsters are in there too at the moment, and I thought I'd take a break to play with Merry as he was awake and sitting in his cage watching me.

Well, he was having a nice little play, then suddenly whoosh!!! He got the robo speed and he was away!! Normally when they do that (which is rarely) I shoot out my hand and am able to grab them fast.....but he really made a dash for it this time!

He's been under two wardrobes, under the bed, climbing through piles of clothes, behind the chest of drawers....every time I think I've caught him he finds another way out. And with so much stuff all over the room it's extra difficult. But finally I engineer a closed-off area (piles of clothes and books!)with only one way out, which led him to his travelling box and food. Once he ran in there he just started munching and I was able to scoop him up and put him straight back in his cage.

Whew! That was hard work. Robo owners beware!

Hamster Central Moderator

Owned by Merry, Pippin, Lola & Shirley (roborovskis) Toby & Hazel (syrians)

Missing my angel Phoebe
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote