View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 08:02 AM  
racinghamster
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Poorly Robo *THE DANGERS OF FLUFFY BEDDING*

I agree Boo. If it was a product harming a child or an adult, it would be removed by law. Rotastak say they sell alot of this product with no issues that they know of, but that`s probably because people don`t report it to them or even have the means or are too upset having lost their pet? The fact is, hamsters and other small rodents die as a direct result of coming into contact with their bedding. That should be quite enough to alert them of the danger, even if they don`t see it that way. A decent company would stop manufacturing it or buying it in and change their supplier for one who deals with safe, paper based bedding. Other companies do, why can`t they?

Pets At Home would also do well by removing it from their shelves and stocking the paper beddings only. Why would they continue to sell such a product knowing it`s dangerous? I will also be looking for this product in my own local pet shop now and alerting the owner, who I get on with well, to get rid of it in favour of the Safebed paper bedding that he stocks and sells. These people need to put animals safetly first rather than profit. They would still make money by selling the Safebed, so I don`t know why they are still choosing to sell a product they know and have been told, is dangerous.