View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 02:25 AM  
racinghamster
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Poorly Robo

What a wonderful recovery your little man made and it has to be said, well done to your vet. I second what has been said as well about chasing this company for selling this unsafe bedding. If your vet could confirm that the bedding was to blame, they should take it off the market with immediate effect if they care about what they sell. I personally wouldn`t buy anything with the brand name Rotastak connected to it. When I was last in our Pets At Home, I saw the safe bed paper shreds and flakes in bags, but I`m also sure I saw the fluffy stuff aswell on the shelves. I don`t get to out shop all that often as it`s in a retail park and need a car to access it.

I use a mixture of paper bedding (it`s actually called "Safebed paper wool", but that is very misleading. They should change the word `wool` on the packaging as it`s actually paper parchment, which is a much better title for this product. I mix this with ripped up plain white toilet paper! Both my syrian and chinese get both.

Pets At Home do well enough once the horse has bolted. They really need to stop selling unsafe products. As has been said, there are many reports of this wool bedding being bad for small animals and a company this size obviously don`t do the same research that hamster owners do. Which seems a bit rediculous. Don`t they have market research people working for them?

So pleased to hear you have had a good outcome from this pompom. x

Last edited by souffle; 01-27-2012 at 02:31 AM.
racinghamster is offline   Reply With Quote