View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 02:15 PM  
Gust0o
PM Fluffy for custom title

Right, one week in - and where are we?

Well, we've been enjoying the Lactol! It took them all, bar Wes, a little while to get used to this new food, but they're all now enjoying their porridge.

Current weights:

Bob - 165g (+15g)

Harry - 130g (+5g)

Hobbs - 115g (+15g)

Wes - 100g (+10g)

We decided to not limit wheel time, so all have been running regularly - with plenty of ball, and time playing with us - especially Harry! Although he's wolfed down everything going, his constant activity has kept him lean. Wes has the most magnificent figure, and has just discovered her wheel - she's continuing to grow into a little princess!

Bob has continued to grow, as she has done in the last few weeks - 165g is the best estimate, as her enthusiasm to explore the weighing scales produced some interesting results

I'm not sure if her growth is attributable to her dietary changes, or this process of growth - that will remain to be seen.

I'm pleased Hobbs is growing - I think you can really see a difference in him

Well, I'm pleased with this - they're all obviously very healthy, and seem to be thriving on their diets; I also think the variety lies behind their enthusiasm - porridge; rice pudding; Harry Hamster; seeds; treats; apple; cucumber; dog biscuits! They've had the lot and loved it!

Let's see how we get on in Week 2

I still haven't had any more thoughts on desired weights - as this is a conscious effort to control the health of my hamsters. I've ordered some books, which I'm waiting to receive, which may give more of an indication on show standards - in any case, given levels of exercise, I would anticipate weights would plateau.
Gust0o is offline   Reply With Quote